We are looking for Bookkeeper/Accountant to join our team.
Ideally, we are looking for an individual who have a proven track record of success in accounting functions/Administrative office work.
The Office Manager/Bookkeeper supports the program and administrative functions of Eliantte & Co. This includes developing and maintaining records such as financial reports, calendars, digital/paper files, and timekeeping systems. In addition to taking the lead on entering financial transactions into the bookkeeping system, the Office Manager/Bookkeeper will develop and maintain a welcoming office environment, and coordinate logistics for all board and staff meetings.
*Duties and responsibilities:
- Responsible for all accounts payable functions
- Work with the merchandising team to resolve differences on invoices or extras that do not have a purchase order.
- Ensure all invoices are approved before processing payment.
- Enter invoices against purchase orders and process payments for vendors.
- Maintain files of check stubs and back-up of payments.
- Maintain all vendor files including verifying current insurance certificates
- Communicate directly with vendors regarding any accounts payable questions.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Perform all banking functions including processing deposits.
- Responsible for General office functions
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, vendors, and internal team
- Answering phone calls and emails
- Open and distribute mail
- Tracking of office supplies
- HR Admin duties
- Associates degree in accounting or commensurate work experience.
- Five years of experience working in a bookkeeping/clerical role within a fast-paced retail environment
- Strong knowledge of basic accounting entries
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and QuickBooks
- Experience with QuickBooks Desktop (Required)
- Ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work independently yet communicate issues and status update
- HR basic knowledge is a PLUS
- MUST have bookkeeping experience